My Books

Friday, August 1, 2008

summer debut

Just thought I'd post these two gift cards I did for Target that made their debut this summer. If you get the chance, look for the actual cards in Target because they did a great job with the printing techniques to give them that extra something special. It was a really fun project to work on. It's funny, I remember getting the call from my agent while I was getting a manicure the day before my wedding. So we set up a conference call that same day, right before the rehearsal dinner, and I got the project. Some things you just can't pass up, even if it IS the day before your wedding.

My book signing at Joseph-Beth in Cincinnati went great! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this event. I just have this picture a friend of mine took on their cell phone earlier in July. It was a really good turnout for the signing, and I could tell the bookstore did a lot to promote the event. The staff was so accommodating and nice, and I couldn't have felt more welcome. It's so fun to talk to parents and kids afterwards too. I always learn so much. I also got to spend some time with a few good friends, which always fills me up inside and gives me an extra boost of happy vibes.


coloredsock said...

hey Betsy! congrats on the Target cards! weeee. i'll be sure to check them out next time i'm in santa fe. they look super fun. i know what you mean about passing up jobs...hee...i took a job (well just the initial conference call) on our honeymoon because it was so good. i know, pathetic, but it was only 20 minutes... also that's great about your book event! and that's awesome the store did such a great job promoting you!!

Alex and John said...

Congratulations Betsy! I better get to a Target before the cards disappear.

Chickengirl said...

I see your cards at Target! They are wonderful!