My Books

Friday, August 1, 2008

summer debut



Just thought I'd post these two gift cards I did for Target that made their debut this summer. If you get the chance, look for the actual cards in Target because they did a great job with the printing techniques to give them that extra something special. It was a really fun project to work on. It's funny, I remember getting the call from my agent while I was getting a manicure the day before my wedding. So we set up a conference call that same day, right before the rehearsal dinner, and I got the project. Some things you just can't pass up, even if it IS the day before your wedding.



My book signing at Joseph-Beth in Cincinnati went great! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this event. I just have this picture a friend of mine took on their cell phone earlier in July. It was a really good turnout for the signing, and I could tell the bookstore did a lot to promote the event. The staff was so accommodating and nice, and I couldn't have felt more welcome. It's so fun to talk to parents and kids afterwards too. I always learn so much. I also got to spend some time with a few good friends, which always fills me up inside and gives me an extra boost of happy vibes.

3 comments:

coloredsock said...

hey Betsy! congrats on the Target cards! weeee. i'll be sure to check them out next time i'm in santa fe. they look super fun. i know what you mean about passing up jobs...hee...i took a job (well just the initial conference call) on our honeymoon because it was so good. i know, pathetic, but it was only 20 minutes... also that's great about your book event! and that's awesome the store did such a great job promoting you!!

Home, Town Of America said...

Congratulations Betsy! I better get to a Target before the cards disappear.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

I see your cards at Target! They are wonderful!