My Books

Thursday, August 28, 2008

color palette snapshots

I am no great photographer, and don't think I ever will be...I just don't have a gift for it. But lately, I've been trying to be better at snapping shots of good reference I see everyday. It's my way of "cataloging" my inspiration and remembering it. Which is why I like blogging too...I feel like knowing I have an outlet to share things makes me be more observant and appreciative of my everyday surroundings. So, here are a few little snapshots with flowers in vases that caught my eye:


I brought these simple flowers home from the grocery store the other day, stuck them in a vase in the corner, and realized this made such a nice color palette: a soft neutral aqua, vibrant yellow-green, honey mustard yellow and expresso brown.


This is a cute, little storefront of Wild Flour Bakery in Rocky River. It just feels European (maybe French?) to me, though I've never been to Europe. I've never been into this bakery either (everything was closed on Sunday), but it just looks so inviting, doesn't it? Plus, I am a sucker for anything painted cobalt blue...don't know why, I just am. Ooh, this makes me want to post some pics from my trip to Jamaica a few years ago (LOTS of cobalt blue there!). I'll save that for next time!

No comments: