My Books

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

happy spring...aloha!

So, since today's officially the first day of spring, we still have snow on the ground in Ohio, and I know we're all craving sunshine, warmth, and green, I thought I'd post some images that give me hope that it's all right around the corner. Plus, my artist-friend Jenny Kostecki-Shaw just returned from her trip to Kauai and it made me want to go back and look at my honeymoon photos. So, enjoy this little mini-album from Kauai. Hope you can look out your window and see real flowers soon!


double rainbow at our beach cottage


plumeria, which became my most favorite flower...
they smell heavenly


taro fields


bamboo creaking in the wind


sunrise


rainy sunrise


roadside fruit stand


silly chicken


jungle vines...this is the trailhead for the famous Kalalau Trail


Ke'e Beach...as far as you can go the north shore...this is where the Na Pali coast starts.


Ke'e Beach


awhhhhh...toes in the water


palm tree dancing in the breeze


Ke'e Beach at sunset


a little hidden spot we found to watch the surfers


secret beach...our favorite spot


lava rocks


tide pools...see Jeff way down there?


more tide pools


a happy little cloud




we loved these wispy trees


the end!

1 comment:

coloredsock said...

hey girl! good to find your email and blog now--oh-so fun to see all your kauai photos! i recognize almost all the spots you were at! ahh, the north coast was so awesome.

i didn't know you had started this blog so i'm off now to look thru and catch up on your life. hope you are well!