My Books

Monday, March 1, 2010

storytime fun

I just wrapped up a round of storytimes and book signings for Sweet Dreams Lullaby. It's so fun to finally be able to share a new book, after waiting about a year for it to be published. And kids always surprise me by what they notice or point out or respond to. I learn just as much as kids do from the experience–interacting with kids, parents and children's book lovers is really one of the the most rewarding parts of what I do.

Here are some highlights of some past events...

Cleveland event at Joseph-Beth on Feb. 20, 2010:

poster in the window


we made bunny puppets for the craft

my niece with her bunny puppet

Cincinnati event at Joseph-Beth on Feb. 26, 2010:

can you tell I ADORE the book store staff!

me and my buddy Gavin

Dayton event at Books & Co. on Feb. 27, 2010:

snugglin' at storytime!

touchin' Have You Ever Tickled a Tiger?

my professor and mentor from UD came with her son

one of my best gal pals, her 2 kids, and a friend's 2 kids

Buckeye Book Fair in Wooster on Nov. 7, 2009:

my booth

ha-ha...gotta love a photo opp with Flat Stanley himself!

kids could make tiger masks at my booth

mystery tiger #1

mystery tiger #2

mystery tiger #3

my long-lost friend from elementary school came with her family! (we hadn't seen each other in 15 years)


Walter Silva said...

Great Job, you deserve it. Love all your books! Look forward to more.

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh how fun Betsy!! Congratulations!!

A very special friend sent me a gift certificate from Amazon and guess what I got?? Sweet Dreams Lullaby... Hee, I can't wait till it gets here!

Congratulations again :o)

binny said...

Congratulations Betsy! It looks like a wonderful book

Red Fish Circle said...

What fun! Love your photos, and LOVE those bunny ears! So cute.

Oplasm said...

Betsy - Your work is amazing, adorable and inspiring. So glad to see that you are living the dream!
- Megan

Lynn :-) said...

you rock Betsy- just so glad you have taken off like this! :) congratulations, well deserved !