My Books

Monday, March 1, 2010

storytime fun

I just wrapped up a round of storytimes and book signings for Sweet Dreams Lullaby. It's so fun to finally be able to share a new book, after waiting about a year for it to be published. And kids always surprise me by what they notice or point out or respond to. I learn just as much as kids do from the experience–interacting with kids, parents and children's book lovers is really one of the the most rewarding parts of what I do.

Here are some highlights of some past events...

Cleveland event at Joseph-Beth on Feb. 20, 2010:


poster in the window


signin'


we made bunny puppets for the craft


my niece with her bunny puppet



Cincinnati event at Joseph-Beth on Feb. 26, 2010:


can you tell I ADORE the book store staff!


me and my buddy Gavin

Dayton event at Books & Co. on Feb. 27, 2010:


snugglin' at storytime!


touchin' Have You Ever Tickled a Tiger?


my professor and mentor from UD came with her son


one of my best gal pals, her 2 kids, and a friend's 2 kids

Buckeye Book Fair in Wooster on Nov. 7, 2009:


my booth




ha-ha...gotta love a photo opp with Flat Stanley himself!


kids could make tiger masks at my booth


mystery tiger #1


mystery tiger #2


mystery tiger #3


my long-lost friend from elementary school came with her family! (we hadn't seen each other in 15 years)

6 comments:

Walter Silva said...

Great Job, you deserve it. Love all your books! Look forward to more.

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh how fun Betsy!! Congratulations!!

A very special friend sent me a gift certificate from Amazon and guess what I got?? Sweet Dreams Lullaby... Hee, I can't wait till it gets here!

Congratulations again :o)

Binny Talib said...

Congratulations Betsy! It looks like a wonderful book
Binny

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

What fun! Love your photos, and LOVE those bunny ears! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Betsy - Your work is amazing, adorable and inspiring. So glad to see that you are living the dream!
- Megan

Lynn :-) said...

you rock Betsy- just so glad you have taken off like this! :) congratulations, well deserved !