My Books

Monday, November 24, 2008

small


Hi all. I am very busy sketching for my next picture book (the first one written by yours truly!) and still trying to salvage a few relaxing days off for the holiday. But I just wanted to do a quick post about this great online magazine called Small, that as they describe it, "is a magazine of creative work on a small scale and for the small sized."


I actually stumbled across the magazine in this weheartbooks blog entry. Apparently, there is a 2-spread article about the we heart books blog and online store in the new issue winter issue of Small...and after taking a closer look at the article, I realized Haiku Baby is one of the 5 books reviewed (see the second spread). The article also touches on how authors and illustrators are embracing the world of the blog as a way of sharing their art.


So, that was pretty fun to discover an inspiring and new-to-me children's trend magazine and well as find my book in it! And I am so thankful for these small successes and discoveries that remind me why I do what I do. Now I gotta go do what I do and sketch away!

1 comment:

coloredsock said...

thanks for the heads-up, Betsy! this SMALL looks GRAND! hee. i already subscribed! hope you are having fun on your new book! it's fun knowing you're painting on yours, too. a nice energy boost!