My Books

Friday, October 30, 2009

happy boo day!!!

It's almost the witching hour...here are some Halloween pieces I did when I worked at American Greetings:













Halloween is truly one of my favorite holidays. I guess I've always loved the creativity of making costumes and decorating. My mom made my costumes every year and it was always lots of fun to have something unique and handmade, that couldn't be bought in the store. Here's me as a witch...I think I was about 4 or 5 years old:



And here's a drawing I did that same year:



I won't get to celebrate too much this year–no big parties to go to–but I'm hoping to host a Halloween party one of these years so I'll just have to make up for it then! Hope y'all have a happy, happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I have been reading "Haiku Baby" and think your illustrations are very beautiful. Do you sell any of your artwork as posters or cards?

Thanks.

Unknown said...

Whoops. You can send replies to aspiringbaker AT gmail.com

Betsy Snyder said...

Yes! Papyrus has a note card set with 4 of the images from Haiku Baby. You can find it in Papyrus stores but I can't find the link online anymore.

salli s. swindell said...

ha!!! i bought that owl and bat in tree card for reference not even knowing it was yours! such great work...